In a message dated 6/12/01 6:18:22 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< On Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:20:23 -0500 Darryl Lafferty
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I happened to buy the only one in stock at Arlington Camera in Arlington,
Tx and the price was
> 899.99.  The quoted price on Adorama is 849.95.  I would have to disagee
about the overkill for a
> Pentax.  This camera has a solid feel like on the Nikon F100 or the Contax
N1.

Yesterday, Adorama emailed me a quote of 899.95 -- must be
inflation! >>

REPORT:
In one word, GREAT!
Two years ago I wrote to Pentax USA & Japan telling them what I desired in a
camera. I wanted the construction of the PZ-1p; the simplicity of the ZX-5n
and a NEW, FASTER autofocus system. I wanted prudent use of battery power and
a grip that added to battery life & accepted AA Lithiums. I wanted a Contax
G2 in SLR form. Lenses & all.
I GOT IT! Limited lenses & all.
This camera is simply the best travel camera I have ever used. It is a
no-nonsense, solid, easy to operate hi-tech picture taking machine. No red
focus areas, but a system that indicates pretaking focus and confirmation of
picture taken. Fast low learning curve with 19 functions that serve you well.
This camera is made to last; serve the photographer; and be with you all the
time.
My final feelings? I ordered my second body two hours after unpacking my
first. Its not an EOS 1V, F5, F100, Max 9 or Max 7. Its a pro Pentax. Its the
one you carry, use and know it delivers. Well done Pentax. Thanks for
delivering a month before I need it in Italy. AND thank you Tamron & Sigma
for the Tamron SP 24-135 (best %^& zoom around) and the EX 24-70/2.8 to come
next week. I'll put you to good use.
Now, Pentax get those BG-10 grips and the 31/1.8 to me before July 14th.
Burt
NYC
USA