> I am a sharpness nut, but I honestly do not think it is such a big deal. Have
> been
> using HOYA monocoated, HMC, Super HMC, Nikon, Pentax, B+W and some others.
> Some
> very
> low quality like uncoated, Cokin resin or Tiffen degrade the image quality,
> but
> coated HOYA, Nikon, Pentax & B+W do not show any difference at all. The thing
> is,
> when the front of the lens was hit by any strong light, even the best filter
> flares,
> simple as that.

But if cost/quality is concerned, I recommend HOYA HMC (or Super HMC if you
managed
to buy them as cheap). Some people having difficulty to clean HOYA coating, but
folded toilet paper with acetone will restore them in factory condition, just
don't
rub them hard.

Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan