Dan Matyola, "Russian Churches"
I am not a fan of montages, but I understand why Dan chose to create one
for this subject, and I like the result. The use of multiple images
seems to underscore the joyful exuberance of this architecture. And Dan
has done a fine job of preparing the montage in terms of the assembly
and the crops. I share the sentiments of an earlier commentator in that
my favorite image is the one at top center with the reflection and royal
blue sky. I am left wishing I could see more of this photograph. If I
search really hard for a quibble, I might say that I wish the two images
with gray skies shared the blue and rosy blue coloration of the other
images, but one has to work with what one has. And Dan has done a great
job with his material. A nice addition to the PUG gallery.
Paul Stenquist