Jostein wrote:

> I think the most likely "conspiracy" theory is that Pentax Japan is holding
> their cards to tightly to their chest as usual. Pentax UK sounds like they
> don't know what's coming, so they choose to focus on the past.
>
> Pentax Japan is extremely inept at making use of buzz for creating interest
> about coming products. If the worlwide distributors were fed with little bits
> of information they were allowed to pass on to dealers and customers, the
> whole
> brand-name would suddenly be more active and viable.

But this has changed the last year or so after the new boss was hired. Before,
the Pentax engineers leaked, now the boss does. Eg. it is a couple of years ago
they told us about an MF DSLR with sensor from Kodak. The baby *ist (DL) was
also mentioned and according to the same sorce, a semi pro DSLR is forthcoming.

Pål