Herb wrote:

> 66K DSLRs is 2/3 of what Kodak sold last year and Kodak is pulling the plug
> on their DSLRs. Kodak's DSLRs were a lot more expensive than any Pentax one
> and they still outsold Pentax. since the Pentax DSLRs are low end models,
> Pentax isn't making much money on them.

Sure. The Pentax MD-S (shelved) costed $20 million to develop. Assuming this is
a typical for a DSLR we can assume that only the best selling Nikon and Canon
DSLR's makes any money for their makers.
Pentax is caught in a hard place as their volume segment, the advanced zoom
compact, are under intense competition and the fact that they virtually
abandoned their old niche the slr.

Pål