Alan wrote:

>I shoot and test my FA43 many times and came to the
> same conclusion. At least I know Rob has the same opinion on FA43. We both, of
> course, bought the lemons.  :-)

Obviously. The lens was tested by "Amateur Photographer" magazine and promptly
became their reference lens outperforming the Carl Zeiss 50/1.4. The latter
probably another Lemon lens whose reputation is based on myth only.
Mike Johnston wrote an essay where the Pentax Limteds were touted as the best
AF lenses money could buy. Maybe he too is easily fooled in spite of having
tried almost everything out there?
It may be that for some the best there is isn't good enough but for the rest of
us the best there is, is the stuff that creates cults.

Pål