Hi,
Long time I have not post, but my first camera back on 1978 or so was a Pentax ME, my mother gave me as a gift. I remember 6 years or so later, I had it stored in my camera bag, I was going to use it, put film in it, and went out. I was to make a first shot when I realized something moving inside the viewfinder. I took the lens out, and checked inside the mirror box, and nothing there, nor the lens. Then, without a lens I looked into the viewfinder and they where inside the pentaprism area and sure several of them. I took the camera to my friend's camera shop, he checked it, took it to his lab, and blew the bugs off with compress air used to clean negatives. I never got those small beasts back. I would have sent the camera to repair, but was not necessary. I still have the little camera and still works good. I trashed the bag! One word of caution. Insecticide is almost 100 % organic chemicals, it could damage plastic or foam, I would not use it near photographic equipment or materials that can contact it. If you suspect your camera bag or the foam in your cases have insects, then you can wash with normal water and a detergent the packing material ( foam) or the bag if it is washable. Detergents are known to cause damage or kill to insects. And after a good rinse, let the foam or bag completely dry up. Then put the material in a plastic bag, close it up and use a vacuum cleaner to vacuum off any left overs from the bag or material. You can also do this as your first approach, but with the detergent you will be sure you had killed all the living ones.

Cheers,

Angel Ramos  KP4TE
>From Tropical
Arecibo, Puerto Rico

Chad wrote:

Damn Rob, I can't have any fun. :) The Pelican cases are waterproof,
and insecticide is mostly water......shoot, I guess I'll take your
advice.

Chad