Unlike many cameras that operate very happily with a non-functioning frame
counter, the Super A's shutter will be forever locked at 1/1000 second with
the meter switched off.  As a power saving and anti fogging feature its
shutter and meter have this by-pass applied to them from the moment the back
is closed until the frame counter reaches number one.

You will need this repaired to get proper function from your camera.

regards,
Anthony Farr