On 7/21/05, Bruce Dayton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This is another not so common site in Monument Valley.  From my
> recollection, this area had a whole bunch of rocks fall down.  So
> there is quite a bit of broken and jumbled sandstone laying around.
> Some of it, like this one, have very interesting formations.
>
> Pentax *istD, DA 16-45/4, Polarizer
> ISO 400, 1/125 sec @ f/13, handheld
> Converted from Raw using Capture One LE
>
> http://www.daytonphoto.com/PAW/monumentvalley_0331.htm
>
> Comments welcome

The light/shadow combinations (and your ability to capture them) is
amazing.  It's as if the light falls from different directions for the
cliffs in the background and the fallen monument in the foreground.

I like the brush in the foreground.  Interesting textures on the
various rockfaces, wonderful composition.

cheers,
frank