PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > and....plop...istD and lens fell about waist high to the ground(semi wet
> > grass)
>
> > Anyone else have a fall story and good news after.??
> >

> Well, not a *istD story, Dave, but you witnessed my fumble with my
> "latest" LX whilst loading film at GFM in front of the otter exhibit.
> About four feet down to bloody concrete it went.

Yes i remember that. My heart stopped for you,which is bad for me, remember.LOL

> Nothing more than another battle scar - it's worked fine ever since.

Good.

> My Leica CL suffered a similar fate a year ago this spring - except it
> was dropped onto concrete steps near my house - at least a three foot
> drop.  The front viewfinder window cracked, and the crack hung up the
> meter needle.
>
> The geniuses at Komeniks fixed it with non-Leica glass (so 1/2 of it
> isn't frosted like the original), and everything else worked fine.

Again good to hear.

> Glad to hear yer *istD seems to be fine.  Hope it continues to be that way.

Well i have only done a few prelimn tests, but it looks thats the case. When i
first did
the side by
side check, my camera was different by about a stop. I was ready to box it up
for Pentax
to look at,
when i noticed Erin's camera was on  spot meter.(I told her to just play and
experiment,
so she
obviously is.)
After switching mine to spot, checking, and then her's to matrix,both were the
same.Focus
seems
alright.Test will be to see a print. After this 3 days show i';ll do
something,but should
be ok.
The 16-45 seems ok to, which is good as i only bought it last week.:-)

Dave