Thank you, Gonz.
On Aug 9, 2005, at 6:15 PM, Gonz wrote:

Paul, that pic is simply outstanding.  Thanks for sharing.

rg

Paul Stenquist wrote:
Two weeks to the Dream Cruise and traffic is building on Woodward Avenue. Must have been several thousand enthusiast type cars of various genres out tonight. In two weeks there will be 50,000 or so. But there were enough tonight that the Royal Oak police -- macho idiots that they are -- started clearing parking lots at 9 PM. If you could see the crowd of cruisers, you'd know that's something akin to raiding a nursing home, but I digress. I went out and shot some swish pans with a short lens and a very slow shutter speed. This one was with the FA 35/2 @ 5.6, 1/8th second. The cool thing about this technique (short lens, long exposure) is that, if done correctly, it yields just one point of focus somewhere near the middle of the car. The misses outnumber the hits of course, but I like this one. I think it's an early 70s Pontiac GTO and an unidentified Mopar.
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=3610553&size=lg