I have used a light grease marketed by Stihl for the gears in electric saws and hedge trimmers with good success. Fargo sells helicoid grease in a couple of weights too.

RCB
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Sanderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 1:02 PM
Subject: RE: Grease for lens helix?

Thanks Shel!

-----Original Message-----
From: Shel Belinkoff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 11:25 AM
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net

Hi Don,

This page may be helpful:  http://tinyurl.com/cgcxz

The fellow who put it together mentions a couple of types of grease, but
only one specifically by name.  He has a lint to email at the
bottom of the
page.  If you drop him a line he may be able to give you specifics.  He
mentions that he uses some nice Castrol synthetic grease he got
from a bike
shop.

Shel