The internal buffer memeory thats probably something really good to have upgraded. Like certain PDA's that some people soldered some extra memory chips on top of the old one and double the RAM memory. This made these machines much faster. BUT..... Sometimes they wre ruined and its really tricky to do so I wouldnt do it with my stuff.. Also the operating system kernels needed modification to work with the extra memeory, maybe this is the case if anyone would try to upgrade the istD? However, as always in computer business , probably digital cameras, an upgrade of memeory sometimes makes better performance than just getting a faster processor. Lets hope Pentax will increase the buffer memory. The price nowadays cant be much of an issue since most meorychips are falling in price.

Mark Roberts
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 05:50:09 -0700

From DP Review:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0509/05092001s3pro256.asp

"Fujifilm Japan has today announced that it will make available an
upgrade for the S3 Pro digital SLR which will increase the camera's
internal buffer from 128 MB to 256 MB."

I don't know about anyone else, but *I'd* pay a couple of hundred
dollars to upgrade the buffer in my ist-D. :)

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing