On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, danilo wrote:

sorry folks, I _have_ to say this:

if you don't mind 8bit per channel and/or color management,
give a try to gimp, wich also have a dcraw and an ufraw plugin...

ah, it's free.

www.gimp.org

Then I *have* to mention that Cinepaint is a deep-color fork of the gimp. It's based on an old version of Gimp, but I've used it for basic photography manipulations in 16-bit linear files with color management. Still pretty rough around the edges, but it does work.

-Cory