On 10/5/05, frank theriault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 10/5/05, David Savage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > G'day trendsetters,
> <snip>
> > Anyway, I stitched together 2 shots I took over 10 years ago when my
> > Dad & I were holidaying in Canada. It's nothing special
>
> EVERYTHING about Canada is special...  <LOL>

Ha! So my old man keeps telling me. I found it very easy to fit in.
It's just like here....only colder :-)

<snip>

> Have you ever seen ice-climbing?  These crazy guys are just like
> rock-climbers - you know, climbing up shear cliffs - except the do it
> up ~ice~!  Frozen waterfalls, glaciers, stuff like that.  Darwinism
> takes care of a couple of them each year.

"Hey Dude, I've got an idea"

"What's that"

"Let's climb up a shear wall of slippery ice"

"Sweet, I'm in"

I have seen it. Some people are truly nut's.

> > To drag this back on topic, it was on that holiday when I got my first
> > Pentax SLR.
>
> Very cool pic, BTW.  I've never seen Canada's West, and beautiful
> photos like yours serve to remind me that such a trip should be on my
> horizon.

Thanks Frank. The Rockies are pretty special.