Yep. If someone wrote an accurate history of the photo industry in the USA it would be a lot more about the personalities than the products. Prominent names would be Joe Ehrenreich, Paul Klingenstein, Henry Froehlich, and a number of others. Henry is still living and is President of The MAC Group (formerly Mamiya America, Inc.) I've suggested to Henry many times that he should write his memoirs. When Joe Ehrenreich was selling Nikon, Henry Froehlich was selling Konica, but Konica didn't make pro cameras in those days.

I never knew Joe Ehrenreich, but I've had the pleasure of knowing Paul Klingenstein, Henry Froehlich, and many other old-timers in this industry.

Bob