You wrote:
>Just wondering if anyone has taken any classes offered
>at night through a local highschool or college?

I did, at the `Centre for Arts' (Centrum voor de Kunsten) in Eindhoven.

>I'd be interested in taking one involving portrait/lighting
>with some darkroom instruction,as i'd like to learn more on
>studio type stuff.

I only did the entry level course and it did include some studio work,
both portrait and macro. The `advanced' course offers more (of course).

>Would you think these  1 night a week for 10 weeks courses
>are worth while or should i look elsewere.

Go see what your local nicht schools nearby offer.

>As Beijing got the Olympics for 2008 our survey work dreams
>for Toronto are down the tubes so i might have some spare time now

*boggle*
--
http://members.chello.nl/~j.schoone                                \\|//
Registered Linux user #78364 - The Linux Counter - http://counter.li.org