I find my istD requires a blow off, every week or so. For some reason, the D2H
which is
used in very dusty conditions,
might need a cleaning every few months.
I have no explaination for this.

I just use a good huricane blower.Seems to work for most applications.

Word of warning.Don't blow on sensor with your mouth. It cost me $90.00 to have
the thing
cleaned at Nikon.Not from me
but the guy i bought the camera off of did that, and i get to fix.

Dave