The Spotmatic F works fine with 1.5 volt batteries.
Paul
On Nov 3, 2005, at 10:26 PM, Markus Maurer wrote:

Hi P.J.
your answer leads to the following question:
Is the F a "later model" or how do I see if a Spotmatic can handle 1.5 volt
batteries?
That is the only reason I did not look for one to fit my lovely SMC Takumar
85mm 1.8 yet.

greetings and thanks
Markus

-----Original Message-----
From: P. J. Alling [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 4:46 PM
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Best M42 Camera?

Spotmatics were originally designed to use a single 1.35 volt 625 or
PX13(?) mercury cell. Later models were designed to give correct meter
readings with 1.5 volt replacements as well.

Markus Maurer wrote:

Hi John
what kind of batteries do you use with the SP's?
greetings
Markus

I now have three SP's, and they all feel good!

Does anyone else remember the ads Pentax used to run, in which
the tag-line
was "Just hold a Pentax"?

HTH

John Coyle