Hi!

Today (Sunday 13th Nov) is Remembrance Sunday in the UK, and services
were taking place up and down the country to honour and remember those
who have passed away in conflict, not just in two world wars, but in
countless other arenas over the years. I was in Watlington, Oxfordshire,
covering one such memorial service for the news. A regular character to
these parts is one William Stone who served for many years with the
Royal Navy. As lively and jovial as ever, he walked unaided to the
service and participated in the solemn - but spirited - atmosphere.
After I had finished filming, I managed to grab a very quick portrait
before he was whisked away for lunch with friends. In my haste, I
accidentally left the ISO at 800 from a previous shoot (d'oh!) but it
has not detracted from the picture.

<http://www.cottysnaps.com/snaps/portraits/images/pic31.html>

EOS 1DmII + Pentax SMC-A* 85mm f/1.4
1/8000th at f/1.4, levels, sharpened, slight crop.

BTW, William is 105 years old, and still has his ration of rum every
night at 9pm.

Cotty, please don't see it as an act of offense... Galia looked at the picture and proclaimed: "This is policeman grandmother..."...

If you did not admit it was 800 ISO I wouldn't notice, I think.

Well done, as you usually do.

Boris