On 30 Nov 2005 at 14:11, Glen wrote:

> I've been told that a lot of DSLR cameras use only the green channel when
> calculating the histogram, instead of the full RGB data. Does the Pentax
> *istDS display a true RGB histogram, or not? It seems that there have been
> times
> when the histogram hasn't been entirely accurate for me. I got clipped
> highlights sometimes when the histogram didn't suggest any such thing.

I just did a Q&D test using my *ist D and the camera histogram responds
similarly to green and red. However what I didn't check is how the histogram is
calculated, possibly if one channel is clipped and the others are low the
aggregate RGB histogram will display as unclipped?

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998