Kevin Waterson wrote:

This one time, at band camp, Scott Loveless <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Shel's question got me thinking about all the "pros" I see with Canon
and Nikon hardware.  Who's using their Pentax gear to make a buck or
two, what gear are you using, are you using film or digital or both,
and what kind of jobs are you doing?
It is not that I can ever claim to being a professional, but all I do is shoot Pentax gear.

The last wedding I did I used various LX cameras, MZ-S, *ist D, and 645n camera bodies. I was even asked to shoot another one next year based on the bride's friend seeing my shots (unedited).

As for the lenses, they were a combination of auto and manual focus; I even used a wide angle M42 lens with adapter on an LX that was loaded with b&w film. The bride asked me to shoot film for the ceremony and group shots; medium format for her bridal portraits; and digital for candids... She used to lurk on this list.

I do get paid for various events that I shoot. And nowadays I tend to shoot more digital for the ability to turn around and provide an image quickly, especially for web use.

César
Panama City, Florida