Well after successfully lurking for about 18 months it seems that mypost to
Bill Robb's provocation has broken the list!  I got a coupleof messages that
indicated "The User is out of space" as at least oneother member has gotten too.
Since I have lost my posting virginity I figured I would properlyintroduce my
self.  Some of you might recognize me from my veryinfrequent posting at
dpreview or steves-digicams.  I really do nothave enough time to follow those
groups any more.  I do make the timeto read PDML every day and enjoy both the
information and the fun.
I manage a shared chemical instrumentation lab (NMR spectroscopy) atthe
University of South Carolina.  I have been living in Columbia forabout 8 years.
 Before that I was in the Midwest US where I workedafter I finished my graduate
degree.  I am originally from Brooklyn,NY.
Photography is a hobby for me but I have gotten paid for a one timegig taking
images for a web based business.  My first real camera wasa SF-10 that was
given to me in 1989.  I used it pretty regularly forabout three years before I
got frustrated with both the results, theprocess of having film developed and
trying to understand what I wastrying to do at the time I took the photo.  When
digital came about Iimmediately recognized the ability for rapid feed back and
got hookedagain.
As most digital shooter I have played the constant upgrade game.  Myfirst
digital was a Nikon 900S.  I moved to a Canon G1, then anOlympus E-20n and then
to the *istD.  My naïve thought when I boughtthe *istD was that the lenses I
had for the SF-10 would be sufficient. It did not take long for me to discover
that the two cheapo Sigmazooms I had were not going to give me the best of what
the cameracould offer.  So after spending hundreds of dollars I am still a
lousyphotographer often frustrated by my results….
Since I have been following the list for awhile I know who to believeand not to
believe.  I promise not to get into any flame warsinvolving PC vs. Macs, film
vs. digital, liberals vs. conservatives,guns, religion, politics in general,
lack of full K mount support onPentax digital bodies or any other thread that
seems to never end.
Thanks for letting me lurk and I hope I can contribute something to the list.
Perry.
Primary email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Page: