I've just talked to Pentax, and I've been promised some more details on that.
I'm going to post something as soon as I get it.
Dario

Did they disclose the CCD shift technology used somewhere? Pentax patented a way to shift the CCD a while ago, using bending arms to shift a platform with the CCD. That system would be possible on a compact, but very hard on a SLR because the arms would be in the way of light path to the focussing screen.

Funnily enough I could see a way to make it work on the D645. There's room behind the sensor there...

--
Regards, Lucas