Hi,

The image looks a bit too reddish on my monitor.  Ran it through a couple
of color checkers to verify - so it's not my monitor calibration that's
off.  I fiddled a bit with the color inPS and found something that looked a
bit more natural.  Of course, color is such a subjective thing wrt what one
sees and what one likes, so take my comment with that in mind.  But to my
eyes, it doesn't have that old style, warm tone at all.

More important, I don't like the way the blur looks on this one.  The
earlier shot, while not without problems, looked nicer, more natural or old
fashioned, if that's the look you're for which your striving.  I really
think that an old lens, used at wider apertures, will give you the look.
Photoshop can only do so much - at some point you've got to rely upon your
equipment to do the job, or at least give you a good, strong start.  The
"soft" lens that you're looking for may help, but, from what I've seen over
the years of the photos it produces, it too lacks that certain "something"
that's so readily found in older glass.

BTW, I love that Hedberg tag ....

Shel