Jens,

I've got a ~1965 era M42 lens mounted quite nicely on my EOS 3. I can also put most every F mount lens on it with an adaptor (Which I own), Contax/Yashica, Olympus OM and Leica R glass (with adaptors that I don't own), all support Aperture priority and metered manual (without resorting to pressing a buttion to get a readout or set shutter speed), and of course I can Cotty-ize K mount lenses. Even more mounts have been adapted to 4/3rds mount cameras.

The standout features of the Pentax cameras are size, handling and the superb viewfinders. For lens compatibility, they exceed only the equivalent Nikons if you're willing to add an adaptor to the fray.

-Adam

Jens Bladt wrote:
It is actaully possibel to buy a Pentax DSLR for less than 600 USD.
Then go and buy AF lenses that are 15 years old, that will work on this
camera. Or MF lenses that are 25 years old and will work on this camera.
What other brand can offer this? No wonder the best old Pentax lenses are
becomming increasingly harder to come by  :-).

A tip: If you are looking for at nice lens, try to go to www.ebay.de. Many
adds here are "Germany only" - and in German. These items never reaches the
same price level as in the USA/internationally. I recently bought an Exakta
VX1000 - looking like new - fully working. I paid less than 25% of the what
these cameras sell for in the US.
It may be the same thing in France, Italy, Austria, Netherlands etc. These
items wont show up in an interntional search.
Regards

Regards
Jens Bladt
http://www.jensbladt.dk