Aaron Reynolds wrote:

When you insist again that the photographer must pause 37 seconds after firing off a burst (and suggest he should have a cigarette) after I have privately conveyed to you that the real number is two seconds, what are you doing if not lying?

Aaron, I think Jens is writing about his *ist D, and you about the DS. The DS writes RAWand JPEG files much faster than the D. On the other hand, and regarding his thoughts about Pentax cameras being useless for shooting action, I have to say that I have shot lots of fast moving subjects, such as cars, motorcycles and bicycles, using the MZ-S, with the FA* 80-200 mm- 2.8, and the results are excellent. I also have the DS, but I have used it very little since I bought it last June (only 450 shots so far) and I can't say much about its capabilities for action photography, but I feel that the autofocus of the MZ-S is better both for moving subjects and low light.

Regards,

Carlos