Larger sensors are not more quiet if all else stays equal. The
individual
pixel size needs to get bigger to get lower noise. Of course newer
generation
sensors (which also happen to be bigger in overall size) are generally
lower
noise than the older sensors. But I guess this is what you meant, right?

Antti-Pekka

Antti-Pekka Virjonen
Computec Oy Turku
Fiskarsinkatu 7 D