To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 10:25 PM
Subject: Re: pentax-discuss-d Digest V06 #660

Does being 50 make me "elderly"?
Or is it that I prefer chemicals for good monochromatic prints?

But to the question ...
No.  They just prove the inferiority of digital.
Everything is faked.  Approximated.

Want to improve them and really give them the "old" look?
Take out the blue component first.  Then convert.
Plate and tin type emulsions had little or no blue sensitivity.
There may be other fixes as well, but that comes to mind first.

Collin