Mark Roberts wrote:
Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

On May 16, 2006, at 1:43 PM, Mark Roberts wrote:

Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

You can get what you want, but you need to set the drive up for it.

Windows XP limits the size of a FAT32 drive to 32Gbytes when
formatting, they want you to use NTFS.
I have a 250 gig drive formatted FAT32 in Windows.
Might be a version thing. Last time I went to do this, Win XPP *would not* allow me to create a volume greater than 32Mbytes with its supplied utilities.

Windows XP won't let you format a partition in the FAT32 system if it is bigger than 32 GB. But you can do it (I mean, formatting FAT32 bigger partitions) using third party utilities, such as Partition Magic and others, and the resulting partition will be read and written by XP or Windows 2000 and other operating system without any problems.

Carlos