This is the way I'm managing Raw files.  I typed it up for myself so I
would stick to it better.

Raw Workflow:

1. Import raw files to: ~/MyPictures/RawImport/yymmdd directory.
2. Process using RSE
3. Convert to jpeg into directory: /converted.
4. Move jpegs to /pictures/istd/yymmdd structure for import into Elements.
5. Rename raw file directory to 'archive_xxxxx-xxxxx'.  xxxxx is the
image number.
6. Copy Directory to CD-R.
7. When the enough files accumulate, copy again to DVD.  Store offsite.
8. Delete Raw files from Hard Drive.

This gives me CD-R and DVD backups of my Raw files and RSE conversion data.
It also keeps the Raw files out of Elements, making it easier to
manage (to me). Because I rarely change jpg filenames, I can easily
find the RAW original if needed.

Elements Workflow:

1. Apply Tag "To be reviewed/Categorized" to all new images
2 As images are categorized, remove this tag.
3. Perform jpg backups as per Elements 3 Reminder.

If I end up shooting jpeg for a specific reason, these files go
straight to the /pictures/istd/yymmdd Directory structure.

dk