It was done in PS. I, of course, did it to "save" the image. :)
Did you see the donutless lightened version wherein the sun
disappeared?
When I put up the darker original version to allow the sun to be
somewhat visible, there were remarks about its being too dull and dark.
I simply thought it upped the drama of the image.

Jack