Fra: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] vegne af Mark
Roberts
Sendt: 14. juli 2006 14:08
Til: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Emne: Re: Bad taste

frank theriault wrote:

>On 7/13/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> In a message dated 7/13/2006 9:18:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>> So the
>> limit between painting and photography is not really too clear.
>> Regards
>>
>> Jens Bladt
>> =======
>> Definitely. Agreed. Big time.
>
>Nope.  Gotta agree with Bob on this one.  The difference between
>photography and painting is quite clear.  Photography (in this sense)
>is an image derived from the momentary capture of light on an
>electronic or chemical sensor.  Painting is the application of
>chemical substance on a surface.  The fact that the results can
>sometimes look somewhat similar in no way makes the processes
>analogous.

I like Michael Reichmann's contrast between photography and painting:
They're exact opposites because the painter starts with a blank canvas
and can put anything he or she can imagine on it, whereas the
photographer starts with a scene or subject (potentially the whole
world) and has to decide what to *leave out* of the scene he/she
frames in the viewfinder.

--
Mark Roberts Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com