On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:25:21 -0700, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

>> I'm sure the DA 21mm, unlike the DA 40mm, won't work very well for
>> 35mm
>> film, but has anyone tried it, just for grins?  Any test shots out
>> there?
>
>I haven't seen anything yet, Mike. The DA21 is just getting into the
>market and DSLR buyers are first to the plate. The relevance of a
>DA21 over an FA20 for film camera users is questionable, since
>they're about the same money and evidently perform very similarly.

I have not made any test shots, but I did mount
the DA 21 on my MX and the LX.

It shows severe vignetting with the hood (as expected),
and still very noticable vignetting without it.  It is a rather
abrupt vignetting in all four corners, with a usable image
circle of about 39 to 40 mm I would say.
(would allow for a 22x33mm crop)

This is as seen on the LX groundglass directly,
no viewfinder mounted, and nearly closed aperture.

Regards, JvW