On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 22:59:20 +0100, William Robb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> [...]

I agree.  But it is Israel that needs to move in order to address the real
grievances of the Palestinians, and it is the plight of the Palestinians
that upsets the whole Arab world, and by extension, other Islamic
countries too.

The Catholic minority in Northern Ireland also had real grievances (like a
rigged voting system and a wholly Protestant police force), and as Bob W
suggested, it wasn't until those issues were addressed that support for
the IRA amongst a large part of the Catholic population (and Catholic
church) dwindled.

Ted Kennedy, the New York police force, and other American sympathisers
didn't really drop their support until terrorism came to their back-yard,
and they decided they didn't like it.

John