Maybe if I say it's not something involving a moving sensor again people will
believe me.  ;)

-Aaron

-----Original Message-----

From:  "Anthony Farr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subj:  RE: Holy Crap -- Pentax 10MP body
Date:  Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:03 am
Size:  1K
To:  "'Pentax-Discuss Mail List'" <pdml@pdml.net>

This remark makes me rethink those comments already posted about shifting
the sensor to increase resolution or to gain a larger format.  Does anybody
remember the oscillating sensor?  It was a technique used in scientific
applications in the early days of digital capture, when sensors had too
little resolution to be useful for quality work.

If the antishake facility were used to oscillate the sensor around a one
pixel diameter circuit, while making 6 captures as it crossed each "virtual
photosite" (for want of a better description) then each photosite could,
after the six captures were composited, display true RGB colour instead of
interpolated RGB colour.

Maybe.

Regards,
Anthony Farr