-----Original Message-----

From:  "Peter Loveday" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subj:  Re: CF v SD Cards
Date:  Tue 2006 Aug 22 7:22 am
Size:  817 bytes
To:  "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>

> But if you gave me the option between a larger, slower card and a
> smaller, faster card for the same money, I'd take the smaller, faster
> card every time.  Why wouldn't you?

Actually CompactFlash is capable of far higher speeds than SD.  Not that it
matters a whole lot, the I/O speeds on Pentax DSLRs is far from stellar
(especially the *istD).

Although no cards are actually capable of this kind of speed at the moment,
the current CF spec is capable of 133MB/sec (thats "886X"), where SD spec
(including SDHC) is only capable of 20MB/sec (133X) as far as I know.

Still, assuming SD can evolve and increase that as card flash speeds
increase, its not that important.

Love, Light and Peace,
- Peter Loveday