On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 03:21:55 +0200, Shel Belinkoff
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've a ZX-5n which worked great the last time I used it.  I tried it
> today
> and the mirror is now locked up.  The bats are good, but I may try even
> fresher bats later - the camera has the battery grip that takes four AA
> cells.  The camera whirs, film rewinds and loads, but mirror remains up.
> Tried a couple of different lenses with no luck.  Any suggestions on how
> get the mirror down and maybe get this thing working properly?  Thanks!

Hi Shel,

If Don Sanderson doesn't chime in, check the archives for a post of his
regarding film transport problems with the MZ/ZX camera's. If I recall
correctly (chances are slim there, though) there is a weak gear in the
film transport mechanism that needs replacement or adjustment. As mirror
movement is linked to film transport, that might cause your problem. To
Don it was a do-it-yourself repair...

Hope this helps,
--
Regards, Lucas