Hey, this is interesting. Sounds like a good feature.

Tim
Mostly harmless (just plain Norwegian)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Adam
Maas
Sent: 14. september 2006 20:52
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: K10D - Pentax has been reading my mind

No. Those are the selectable program lines, which determine what values
Program mode will pick by default for a given EV. Program shift lets you
scroll through differing Aperture/Shutter values of the same Exposure
Value, if the camera picks 1/125 at f4, you'll be able to use the dial
to select 1/250 at f2.8 or 1/60 at f5.6 for example. This allows you to
override the camera's exposure choice if you feel it's necessary. I tend
to use it a lot as I prefer to shoot closer to wide open than the camera
typically picks, but also this does mean I won't hit the wall by
selecting an aperture that's too wide to get a good exposure (which
happens on occasion when shooting in Av mode, especially with my film
bodies, all but one of which have a lower max shutter speeds than the
1/4000 on the Pentax DSLR's).

In HyperProgram mode, you set exposure compensation by holding down the
Exposure Compensation button and rotating the front dial to set the
exposure compensation. With Program shift and Exposure compensation
selected instead of HyperProgram, one wheel is dedicated to exposure
compensation and the other to program shift (which wheel is which is
selectable in the custom function), so holding down the button is
unnecessary. A feature I really miss from the EOS 3.

-Adam

Tim Øsleby wrote:
> In the custom menus I find this option:
> Program line  1: Normal
>                       2: Hi speed
>                       3: Depth
>                       4: MTF
> Is this what you are referring to? Directly switching between those modes.
>
> This raises another question. Is it impossible to make exposure
compensation
> in Hyper mode? That's one big limitation, if that's the case.
>

> Tim
> Mostly harmless (just plain Norwegian)

Adam