On 20/09/06, Kostas Kavoussanakis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Sep 2006, Digital Image Studio wrote:
>
> > mechanism to create tiered product pricing too. Someone on dpreview
> > suggested that Samsung made the ADC but I think that's bollocks too as
> > they have no record of prior products in the field, and a 22 bit ADC
> > would be a doozy to start with given that it's a precision hybrid
> > device.
>
> Would the same be true of Pentax?

Pentax's expertise as far as I am aware is lens and camera body
design. In the case of Pentax DSLR design I'm pretty sure that their
engineers would simply be drawing on available modular electronics
from specialty manufacturers be they either off the shelf items or
specially specified. Obviously they are now even collaborating on lens
design.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA