--- Cotty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Empress of Canada (CP) in 1964, to Montreal.

Ah, the lovely EMPRESS OF CANADA! One of my favorite
(and highly under-appreciated) post-war liners.

She was broken up in 2004, but you can buy a piece of
her at:
http://www.midshipcentury.com/empressofcanada.shtml

I highly recommend the book "The Last White Empresses"
by Clive Harvey, which details the history of this
ship and her two older half-sisters, EMPRESS OF
BRITAIN and EMPRESS OF ENGLAND.

The only one still around is the former EMPRESS OF
BRITAIN, now THE TOPAZ, which celebrates her 50th
birthday this year. I visited her in June:
http://shiploverny.smugmug.com/gallery/1582266

She is vastly changed from her original state but
still a most fascinating vessel.

And I do apologize if anyone is finding this off-topic
chatter annoying, but on joining I was told that OT
stuff is welcome at PDML, so there ;-)!

New Doug