Fra: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] vegne af Godfrey
DiGiorgi
Sendt: 2. oktober 2006 13:04
Til: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Emne: Re: CMOS

In general, the differences between CCD and CMOS sensors today are
more important to the hardware/manufacturing process then any
benefits of one type over the other are to the photographer. How a
specific design is implemented and built into a camera affects the
photographer much more than which type of sensor it is.

Canon's made a huge investment into CMOS manufacturing and it is
working well for them. Sony produces sensors with both technologies
and I haven't seen much evidence to say that their CCD sensor
products (Pentax, Nikon, KM aka Sony, Olympus, etc) do better or
worse than the Canon CMOS sensors do in any way that is significant
to a purchase decision.

I judge the cameras I buy based on the total package, not specifics
of component implementation.

Godfrey