On 10/5/06, Shel Belinkoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It seems that my shooting scenario may benefit from the use of rechargeable
> batteries at times.  Although this has been discussed here before, I've not
> paid a lot of attention as the use of disposable AA bats were satisfactory
> for the then current situation.  So, what's the opinion/consensus of the
> better rechargeable choices?

I picked up two sets of the Energizer 2500maH rechargeables at my
local Target after I bought my DS2. I think I paid $20 for the set
with the wall charger, and $10 for the additional set. So far they
seem to be working nicely, though I haven't done a full day's shooting
with them.
It seems that with the NiMH rechargeables, the battery indicator goes
from full charge down to empty very quickly when the batteries are
exhausted, so it's probably a good idea to keep a fully-charged spare
set in the bag with the camera. I'll probably pick up a third set of
batteries sometime soon to have in rotation.

-Mat