Its been a rough year...

I've finally given up on Mini Disc and bought an iPod.

I've gone ahead and actually gotten a driver's lisence, and a car.

I'm no longer able to colaim that I've got exclusively Mac, I had to buy a
Windows laptop for car diag software.

I realized by the end of the year I'll own an Xbox over a PS3 due to
pricing.

Oh, but the worst of it all? I bougght myself a DSLR.

Oh, I tried and wanted to stay away.. but I just don't have time to
develop and contact print/scan 35mm film anymore. With lots of new little
hobbies nickle and diming my free time away, I realized I just don't have
time to take photographs anymore the old way. Film piles up, and I barely
have the time to even develop the sheet film, much less the little stuff.

I feel so...dirty.

Anyhoo, a K100D. The shake reduction was what finally did me in. Its a
good idea. It seems to work, although I haven't really learned how to use
anything yet, I got the body and the kit lens in yesterday. Its kinda
daunting, even for a camera and technology snob to jump into this.

I will say that the body seems nice and solid, not cheap at all.. and the
lens is surprisingly solid feeling, except it seems to be missing an
aperature ring. I like tht I can manually correct teh focus even when its
in AF mode. The pixelmonkeys at workseemed to mostly be impressed with the
size and clarity of the LCD on the back of the unit, and while I found the
LCD preview feature to be kinda weird instead of a proper DoF preview, I
think that's kinda grown on me (I know it can be switched, I actually put
it back to LCD preview mode oever using it the "right" way).

Now, however, I can start clamouring for Pentax to release a DA 28/1.4,
though, coz I'm not sure if I can handle my normal lens being either a
28/2.8 or an equivilent 75/1.4, although those pictures sure do look
smooth and creamy at f1.4, I can imagine how good the A*85/1.4 must look.
I'm off to prowl eBay for a FA35/2.0...

Some c'mon Pentax, where are the DA* or DA-Limited lenses? ;) And, since
you're omitting aperature rings, make 'em cheap for us thrifty types, I
can't afford the 31 Limited.

gfen, who'd like it known his DSLR order did come with a box of 4x5 film.
;)

--
http://www.infotainment.org       <->     more fun than a poke in your eye.
http://www.eighteenpercent.com    <->     photography and portfolio.