I know it is a dead horse, but I think it was killed in the wrong way.

The mechanical coupler is gone for good, and there's no reason for
Pentax to reimplement it.

But a better solution could be achieved with software. I'd like to
have, besides the green button behavior in M mode, a similar behavior
in P: press the green button to get correct exposure. When the light
changes, the camera modifies the shutter speed it had selected. If you
move the aperture ring you're on your own.

This would be a trivial firmware update, and would add a totally new
mode for pre-A lenses.

Juan Buhler - http://www.jbuhler.com
photoblog: http://photoblog.jbuhler.com
a book: http://www.jbuhler.com/book.html