Of course I want an aperture simulator.  Trying to find a "normal" lens
like the M 35mm f2.0 that complements the *ist-D/Ds in size, has a great
manual focus feel, and is relatively fast would justify a $100.00 extra
on any body they put aperture simulator on.  Being able to use either
the diaphragm ring or the aperture wheel on the *ist-D/K10D, or any
other body with a similar control layout, depending on circumstances,
just like the PZ-1p, on lenses that support aperture rings, would be
well worth it.  On the cameras like the Ds which doesn't have a second
wheel would make even A lenses more desirable, but I don't think this
will get past Pentax marketing.  They want to sell lenses.  Even if
those lenses aren't available.

--
Things should be made as simple as possible -- but no simpler.

                        --Albert Einstein