> It hasn't happened with my DS but I rarely use the pop-up flash.  Failure
of the flash to pop up is a well known problem with the MZ series.  I would
have hoped that Pentax had sorted this out by now. It's not a particularly
expensive repair.

The MZ series is a little different where the plastic spring shaft was under
too much stress and cracked. A newer stronger part was issued later. *ist
DS/DL bodies have metal spring shaft which could be loosen by itself. I
would imagine a strong threadlock was needed in the 1st place.

Regards,
Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan