On Fri, 20 Oct 2006, William Robb wrote:

> Why do you think Pentax should cater to people who don't buy new
> product, thereby supporting them and their dealers?

Because by buying your used lens I am giving you money to buy a new
one. Isn't this why you are selling?

> You say they have removed
> the aperture simulator from the mount on DSLR cameras, but they
> haven't removed anything from that mount.

On the ethical side and comparison with Canon that we discussed
yesterday, the bottom-line is that Canon users got something from the
change of register (let alone mount). Pentax users got nothing from
the removal of the aperture simulator.

As I have said in the past, I understand the need for progress, so I
am OK with the prospect of the SSM lenses not having a shaft-AF
system, because there is clearly something in it for us. There is
nothing in it for the user from the removal of the aperture simulator.

Not that the realisation of this will bring it back (or even
introduce P.J's suggestion for Av)...

Kostas