I have only rode bicycles for a short while, less than sixty years, but
I have never fallen off and landed on my head. Most of my contemporaries
managed to get through at least childhood without wearing a helmet too.
I imagine those laws sure do make a lot of money for the helmet sellers,
however.

I have my own opinion about who is a stupid git in this issue, people
who fall on their heads all the time!

--graywolf