On 11/2/06, Joseph Tainter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What a nitwit you are, Joe.  You will always take the most negative
> interpretation.  Perhaps he thought that a sensible audience would
> assume SSM would be faster as there would be no point in all that
> complexity just to reduce noise.
>
> John
>
> -----
> Mr. Tatamiya was asked a direct question, as follows: "Does this mean
> faster AF speed?" Rather than claim that it will, he responded "I do not
> believe Pentax¹s AF has been slow even on the current lenses. Mechanical
> noise during AF might give impression of slow AF, but it is on par with
> competitions using the benchmark test."

It may be that, when the question was asked, he was a bit defensive
about the accusation that Pentax AF was slow, as it is true that it
was a general perception in some quarters.  So he may have interpreted
that the question had that flavour of perception.  True, he was not
directly addressing the question of the SSM speed but I am sure it is
no worse than the screw drive system, if only faster.

Ken